Do you Cook/Bake?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks @Taffycat! :) The lemon and cardamom buns were a bit dry on the outside, so I need to figure out how to fix that next time. But other than that they turned out well!

I'm making a chocolate cake today for my father-in-law... :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Hopefully @Urmas would approve!

Ooh yeah! :drool:

Related item: Boston cake

bostonkakku-1200x774.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Made these for a BBQ last weekend, they're peaches and cream cupcakes (vanilla cake, peach filling, and buttercream):

peaches cream cupcake.jpg

I posted a photo on Instagram and the author of the recipe, Cupcake Jemma, shared it! What a compliment :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
it is an offence to publish such photos :drool: that diabetics may come across :cry: ... Thread Reported!!

:wall:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Psst @Becky — from "Read and weep dept. ™" :lol:

See THIS and drool. Will be all over the place tomorrow (at the very least @2/10, buying a loaf).

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
See THIS and drool. Will be all over the place tomorrow (at the very least @2/10, buying a loaf).

Yum! It's been a while since I made some rye bread, must remedy this :D

Also I saw a recipe for rye brownies the other day, but I think I should stick to savoury goods for a little while. We've had far too many sweet things recently! :blush:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ah, sadly Ian has a fungus allergy so I'm not sure that a long ferment would go down well with him. He has even stopped drinking beer recently! :eek:

...Or maybe I should make it, cos then I don't have to share :thumb: :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Exactly! To be fair it's only certain beers that are problematic, and thankfully most breads are fine too, but I have to steer clear of anything fermented.

I tend to get cravings for mushrooms nowadays - must be because it's forbidden fruit at home :lol:

@Urmas have you ever used diastatic malt flour in your bread? I'm going to buy some to play around with...

Ask a Question