Displaying contents of a Custom Form

K

Kevin Smith

I have created a custom outlook form to capture information on bugs in software applications.

The form sits in the top level of a Public folder and is moderated and set to automatically forward on any completed forms to a email address.If I as Editor/Owner of the Folder use the form and post it. The form and the contents are displayed in the top level of the Public folder which it is assigned to and not autoforwarded on. (I assume that's OK as I'm the Editor of the folder)

However if anyone who is setup to "contribute" in the folder posts a completed form. Their message is automatically forwarded to the email address setup which is what we want it to do.

My question is

Why does their message when opened in the forwarded mailbox not display any of the fields they have completed. When opened it Just displays a From and Subject Field.

I read from other forum site postings, that I must ensure I have not got the 'Separate Read layout' enabled. However this setting seems to make no difference.

This is driving me mad and I can't find any suitable answers.

Thanks

Kevin Smith

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Why does their message when opened in the forwarded mailbox not display any of the fields they have completed. When opened it Just displays a From and Subject Field.

Because the form is published to the public folder. If you want it to be usable in other folders, you need to publish it to the Organizational Forms library or to each user's Personal Forms library.

K

Kevin Smith

Many thanks,

I shall give it a go. :p

Does the Separate Read layout option need to be left switched on by default as well.

Thanks again :)

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Whether you use two separate layouts or a unified layout is a choice for your, the form designer to make, based on what you want the sender and recipient to see.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54

Kevin Smith said:
Many thanks,

I shall give it a go. :p

Does the Separate Read layout option need to be left switched on by default as well.

Sue Mosher said:

Because the form is published to the public folder. If you want it to be usable in other folders, you need to publish it to the Organizational Forms library or to each user's Personal Forms library.

Ask a Question