disk cleanup of windows components, pinball.inf problem . . .

G

My hard drive is very crowded - disk cleanup would be so much more useful, if when I choose the option to choose windows components to remove, I didn't encounter this "Windows XP Setup" dialog

Setup was unable to open information file pinball.inf.
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 2011777033

I have searched in vain for a solution, I believe I removed most of my games a long time ago, am puzzled as to why the lack of this file would stop the process. Any help will be so much appreciated, I have no clue as to how to choose components to remove manually! Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

G

Hi

You can use your XP CD to add/remove windows components
But it would not give you much more frees space, may be less than 50 MB
You can resize the restore files space (or even disable it) , run clean up regularly is also helpful
The best way is to add a new HDD, it is cheap today

Pete

----- Vicki J wrote: ----

My hard drive is very crowded - disk cleanup would be so much more useful, if when I choose the option to choose windows components to remove, I didn't encounter this "Windows XP Setup" dialog

Setup was unable to open information file pinball.inf.
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 2011777033

I have searched in vain for a solution, I believe I removed most of my games a long time ago, am puzzled as to why the lack of this file would stop the process. Any help will be so much appreciated, I have no clue as to how to choose components to remove manually! Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Ask a Question