Discussion: The US Presidential Election

Reaction score
He is a ignorant self centered person with the manners of a pig (apologies to pigs) should he become President of the USA look out world WW3 coming.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Found on Facebook

" Donald Trump answers the question: What is 2+2?
"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "What's 2+2"? And I tell them look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you.
First of all the number 2, by the way I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, "10101000101", on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know.
So, we have all these numbers and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me. OK? Alright. Thank you."

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Being away I've missed the last two weeks of the campaigning (probably a blessing) but I have to say that I dislike both candidates intensely and wouldn't want either as president. However, we're going to get one of them. :(

I've met quite a lot of Yanks over the course of this year and have been amazed that the vast majority of them will go for Trump. They all seemed to really hate Clinton and think of her as a chronic liar (hell! she is a politician). Now I have to say that the Americans I have met cannot be thought of as being representative of Americans in general. All of these Americans were on "vacation" so, knowing that only a small proportion of Americans leave the US for their hols, this group are clearly different. Whether that explains their propensity for Trump I do not know.;)

One thing I did catch a little was a discussion between the two prospective vice-presidents (although I did not watch it). I knew neither of their names and would not recognise either of them if I saw them again. Seems that most Americans didn't know them either.:D

Anyway in February next year Trump or Clinton will be inaugurated. :eek: I think, on balance, I would have to go for Clinton if really pushed. Trump's misogynistic video from a few years back hasn't helped his cause I'm pleased to say.

Whoever wins we must hope that the US Administration keeps things in order, which they usually do. Hell, we had George W Bush as president and he even got in for a second term so the Administration must have done something right. I remember when Reagan got in everyone thought that he would be a disaster but history seems to think he was a good president. There remains the tiniest glimmer of hope. :D

Reaction score
From what I have heard from friends in the US whom I have met when Sarah and I have been over in LV and most are Democrats any way and two who were Republican one said he and his wife were going to vote Democrat as they thought Trump was a idiot and the other friend he was not going to vote this time as he was fed up with political shenanigans going on in the Republican party.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The stuff that came out recently about Trump is really terrible, but it doesn't come as a surprise at all - in fact it seems totally in character.

I'm amazed that so many people over in the US are now denouncing him - why now? Why not when he was suggesting that nukes should be used as more than a threat? Why not when he was bragging about not paying tax? Or every other awful thing he said about women?

Obviously I agree with their decision to denounce him, it just seems to be coming a little late. Perhaps they've been wanting to do it for a while and now seems like the best opportunity... I dunno.

I wonder what his daughters think of him :confused:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
I'm amazed that so many people over in the US are now denouncing him - why now? Why not when he was suggesting that nukes should be used as more than a threat? Why not when he was bragging about not paying tax? Or every other awful thing he said about women?

You're not alone. I guess a "proper" sex scandal trumps (npi... who am I kidding?) pretty much EVERY other no-no in USA. Nukes included.

You know how they say that karma is a bitch? TRUE DAT.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Anyone seen / read about the second debate? I guess Trump had no alternative but to go on the offence, and by comparison it made Hillary appear to be on the defence which didn't help her. Some of the things he said were so hypocritical though, he really is a nasty piece of work.

On a lighter note, Newzoids had their own take on things recently:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I watched their latest debate last night. Trump is like a childish little school boy that can't get his own way With every question it was just avoidance and distraction. When it came to Obama care he pretty much said " We have a plan" . Well what was that bl**dy plan ?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I watched their latest debate last night. Trump is like a childish little school boy that can't get his own way With every question it was just avoidance and distraction. When it came to Obama care he pretty much said " We have a plan" . Well what was that bl**dy plan ?

Agreed. I found it really annoying how he kept objecting to how the debate was run - if he didn't get the last word he declared that it was biased. Prick.

Awesome :D

Ask a Question