Disconnects happening

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Lots of good ideas to try, Scans etc.

That all looks fine to me, the only one you need to worry about is the top bit of the first img. Your LAN connection.

Oh...:confused: I thought that you might pick out that bit at the bottom about Net BIOS. But I could use a clue please, about what I actually need to do to the LAN connection?

(Incidentally, I would have posted this ipconfig read-out before, but didn't discover it until this morning... yup, I really am that much of a dummy regarding the internet connection stuff. Try though I might, WNS, DNS, Subnet Masks, etc., totally throw me... lame I know :rolleyes:)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the linky Urmas :thumb: I'm going to read through that right now, :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just to give you an update on this...

The disconnects continued... no matter what I did... nothing seemed to work and it became such a pain in the butt.

But stop-press.... the problem has now ceased! The solution...? Turned out to be the monitor. The old one (on OH's PC, was still functioning just fine - or so we thought) but it was a bit small, so overdue for an upgrade to a larger screen.

We decided upon another BenQ. (This one if anyone is interested.) It's a different model to mine (a gamer) but it's really nice. There is a row of touch-sensitive, tiny control buttons on the bottom right-hand edge. Very convenient and user-friendly.

However, this isn't a monitor review, lol. I want to mention that when I was swapping the two monitors, I was shocked at how very (and I mean very) hot the transformer of the old monitor was. :eek: I could hardly hold it without flinching. Yikes! I hate to think how potentially dangerous this might have been. It was "old tech" so I really should have checked it out more thoroughly, my bad. :blush:

Anyway... since setting up the new monitor, the disconnection problems have magically ceased completely. So it looks as if that old monitor had become dodgy with age (it was about 6 yrs old.) I'm still a tad surprised that it influenced a hard-wired internet connection... but the proof appears to be that all is well again.

The new BenQs don't have bulky transformers - but it has been a good wake-up reminder to regularly check the ones which are still in situ.:nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Not that strange a computer 'problem' with an unusual fix. Happens all the time. :)

Glad you finally got it sorted, safely.

Ask a Question