Disabling Back and UP button in windows explorer

Hi all. I'm trying to disable back and up button from the windows explorer.
I tried editing the registry with the Regmon tolls. It gave me lot of keys,
not sure which to edit. Can anyone guide me in this.

Thanks

Claymore

Hi all. I'm trying to disable back and up button from the windows explorer.
I tried editing the registry with the Regmon tolls. It gave me lot of keys,
not sure which to edit. Can anyone guide me in this.

Thanks

Hello,

Can't you right-click the toolbar at the top => Customize => and
Remove the ones you don't want? Or does this not work?

Thanks for the reply

I'm trying to do it using Group policy. So i think this option doesn't help
me.

Claymore

Thanks for the reply

I'm trying to do it using Group policy. So i think this option doesn't help
me.

Hello Rajeev,

Didn't know you were trying to set a Group Policy. One way, although a
bit clumsy, would be to remove the toolbar altogether, and prevent the
user from putting it back, like this:

Go to View => Toolbars => Standard buttons and uncheck it, so that the
toolbar is removed.

Run or Deploy the Registry script below.

Log off/on ore Restart for the change to take effect.

The option to add toolbars in the View menu is removed. Most other
functions that were on the toolbar are available with a right-click or
in the drop-down menus.

======== Registry Script ==========

Copy the text below between the dotted lines, but not the dotted lines
themselves. Open Notepad and paste it in. Save the result in a
suitable location as toobar.reg - making sure that the default .txt
extension doesn't appear in the file name.
Double-click on the saved .reg file to merge the contents.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
\Explorer]
"NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
\Explorer]
"NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000001

The users are not able to change the toolbar settings already. The option for
standard button is graded out (for Production users). Not sure how to remove
it for all users. The system will be shared by many users. Any Ideas

Thanks

Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
On May 21, 12:28 pm, Rajeev <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm trying to disable back and up button from the windows explorer.
> I tried editing the registry with the Regmon tolls. It gave me lot of keys,
> not sure which to edit. Can anyone guide me in this.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

Can't you right-click the toolbar at the top => Customize => and
Remove the ones you don't want? Or does this not work?
Right click toolbar\customize\select buttons