directx issues , cant play games anymore !

Reaction score
I had a missing system DLL file in my Directx 9.0 C . I tried reinstalling 9.0C but I kept getting the same error over and over , missing system DLL file. So I decided to check with colleagues and on the Internet and Microsoft and found out that I needed to first REINSTALL the original directx 8.1 drivers from my Windows XP Home Edition cd.........but 1 needed file ( d3d8.dll) was not there which i really needed for my UNINSTALL/REINSTALL TOOL !

I tried to rollback my original directx 8.1 files from my Windows XP Home Edition cd ( the CD which came with my original DELL Dimension 8200 computer ) but I kept getting errors that the file d3d8.dll can not be found nor extracted

I was finally able ( after 8 hours searching, reinstalling, updating and rebooting ) to correctly download and install Directx 9.0B ( no dll errors ) via the game called RTW which had the dx 9.0b drivers included in their game, that worked !
But somehow I am not able anymore now to install DX 9.0C as planned. I can download the needed files from Micrsosoft but every time I unpack and try to install those drivers then the system sais SYSTEM UPDATED TO DIRECTX 9.0C but when I restart this is NOT viewable anywhere in the DX Diagnostics and only shows 9.0B installed .

Can anyone advise please what I can do now to really install dx 9.0c ? Do i really need to buy or download a GAME that has DX 9.0c and will that overwrite dx9.0b when installing that game ???

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/31/2006, 14:02:23
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8200
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 384MB RAM
Page File: 229MB used, 1117MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Ask a Question