Directx 9.0b crashes my computer

Tim

I downloaded and installed directx 9.0b on my window's XP
operating system, and after it restarted I got an error
message saying "The procedure entry point_resetstkoflw
could not be located in the dynamic link library
msvcrt.dll" with a title that says, "Isass.exe - Entry
Point not found." After that I get another error message
that says the same thing, except it has the
title "services.exe - Entry Point Not Found." After
selecting OK on both of these errors, I get a black screen
with a pointer that moves with the mouse, but that is
all. I have tried starting in all of the different modes,
including safe, and I get the same errors and the same
thing happens. Are other people having this problem, and
what can I do to fix it?

We Live For The One We Die For The One

Ahhhh, nothing reformat time bub.

Hope you aint got anything important on your PC, backup don't you ?

Jimmy S.

Hi,

Reformat is too drastic. :) XP allows you to repair it...
--
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User