DirectX 9.0b

Lou

I have tried to install DirectX 9.0b to install Age of
Mythology The titans Expansion. I get a message saying:
This software you are installing has not passed Windows
Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Jimmy S.

Hi Lou,

Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

|I have tried to install DirectX 9.0b to install Age of
| Mythology The titans Expansion. I get a message saying:
| This software you are installing has not passed Windows
| Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

Neil Dela Osa [MS]

Disabling cryptographic services is a big one. A gaming magazine suggested
it as a way of speeding up Windows XP but it also means you can't install
signed software (like DirectX 9.0b). If you tweaked your services that
would be the first thing to check.

Jimmy S.

Hi Neil,

It sure is a big one! Number one on the list. :)

A close runner up since November last year is:
Method 4: Re-register DLL Files That Are Associated
With Cryptographic Services. We pulled that out of a
KB for an obscure error, and by December it was also
added to the Windows Update Site troubleshooter. :)

Cheers!
Jimmy.