Direct3D doesn't or stops working please help.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently been having trouble with my direct3d, it would either not work or stop during playing games resulting in a crash to desktop.
My vid card is a Asus V9999 Gamer's Edition/NVidia Geforce 6800.
When running the direct3d test in dxdiag it would give this:
D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
D3D8 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
D3D9 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)

I've attached my entire dxdiag stats.
I hope someone can help me fix this, i've tried (re-)installing my graphic drivers but it didn't help.
Thanks in advance.

P.S.
I also had problems before this where my screen would magnify the top left part of my screen during 3D-games mostly but it also happend once when i didn't have anything 3D running, i usually quick fixed this by starting another 3D game or alt-tabbing out of the game and back, but it's getting annoying. Hopefully it will be fixed by fixing whatever is causing my major problem, else any ideas on this would be appreciated. (I'd rather have this problem back if my current is fixed ;))

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    48.6 KB · Views: 182
Reaction score
I've dled the latest nvidia drivers yesterday and installed them but it didn't help, which i stated in my above post already (with less detail), unless u mean something else such answers don't help me. I only turn to tech support forums if my brother or me can't fix it ourselves by doing the most obvious re-installs/updating of drivers.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
when you said you re-installed i assumed you had just used the drivers that came with the card

Reaction score
It seems to be fixed after i un-installed the Asus enchanced driver, which i updated a few days before it started.
And the other bug i listed seems to be fixed after uninstalling Asus Smart Doctor, but not sure yet.

Edit:
Been running without the enchanced driver and smart doctor for a couple of days now, and none of the problems i described in my 1st post has occured ever since.
So if anyone ever has these problems it probably is the fault of the Asus enchanced driver/smart doctor.

Last edited:

Ask a Question