Direct 3D functionality disabled!

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
I am using a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. I have problem running 3D games.
I have Directx9.0c

The DXDIAG shows me the following problems,
APPROX total memory: n/a.
DDI version: unknown.
The Direct 3D and Directdraw accelaration buttons are masked/greyed. Also the following message is dispayed,
"Direct 3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from your hardware manufacturer."

I have re-installed the original ATI radeon x300 drivers given by dell. I am unable to install the Display adapter - Intel Graphics Video Driver. It is showing error "Your system does not meet the requirements. Setup will exit"

PLEASE help me out!!!
Thanks,
Amit.

Reaction score
is it an ATI or Intel display adapter?

check the machine spec then install the latest drivers.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
When I got my laptop it had a folder consisting of all the drivers - this also consists of intel graphics video driver, I mentioned it just in case you might find it useful. I have a ATI radeon X300 card and I have re-installed the driver (also my hardware accelaration is full.)
Anything else I can do to get the 3D functionality?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
I have got the latest drivers installed from Dell's site but it was of no help.
When I try to install the latest drivers (Catalyst 5.8) from ATI. I got the following error
"Severe
INF error
Video driver not found"

"Setup was unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your Display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup."

My operating system is windows 2000.

Regards,
Amit.

Ask a Question