Digital Rights Management Question

G

Bear w/me on this. I downloaded my first CD today. I have Windows Media Player 9.0 All went well -- I thought! I tried to listen to it and a box popped up that said I had to upgrade to this DRM and to click OK which I did. Then it told me that it was starting individualization -- then the same box popped up again telling me I had to upgrade (it was like it was in a loop) -- thenI got Error C00D11CD -(unknown error). I reported it to Microsoft, but I have looked around in Medial Player help and cannot find anything to help me through this. I have a Dell computer w/a Windows XP operating system. I have had no problems copying CDs and listening to music I have copied into My Music -- it's just this downloaded CD -- HELP - PLEASE - THANK YOU!

G

Galley

Bear w/me on this. I downloaded my first CD today. I have Windows Media Player 9.0 All went well -- I thought! I tried to listen to it and a box popped up that said I had to upgrade to this DRM and to click OK which I did. Then it told me that it was starting individualization -- then the same box popped up again telling me I had to upgrade (it was like it was in a loop) -- thenI got Error C00D11CD -(unknown error). I reported it to Microsoft, but I have looked around in Medial Player help and cannot find anything to help me through this. I have a Dell computer w/a Windows XP operating system. I have had no problems copying CDs and listening to music I have copied into My Music -- it's just this downloaded CD -- HELP - PLEASE - THANK YOU!

You downloaded a CD? Do you mean you burned a CD? Turn off all DRM in WMP and
try using some real software such as Nero to burn discs.

G

I meant to say that I downloaded a CD from an internet web site buy.now -- I have no problem burning a CD or copying a CD to My Music -- it's just this one that I downloaded from the internet (which I paid for, by the way).

G

I meant to say that I downloaded (and paid for it) over the internet. I have no problem burning a CD or copying music from my CDs onto my computer. I can burn other CDs, listen, etc. to all except the one I downloaded. I have no idea what to do.

G

Galley

I meant to say that I downloaded a CD from an internet web site buy.now -- I have no problem burning a CD or copying a CD to My Music -- it's just this one that I downloaded from the internet (which I paid for, by the way).

OK, you purchased an album, in electronic form. Remember, an album is a
collection of songs, a CD is a compact disc. Where was it from, Buy.com? I
would recommend purchasing music from the RealPlayer Music Store or the iTunes
Music store as they offer the most customer-friendly DRM. I have purchased 100
songs from RPMS and it's a snap to burn the songs to a CD (with CD-Text) and
then rip the CD to MP3, so I can play them on my iRiver iHP-120. I never have
to enter a track name. :) RPMS offers 192Kbps AAC file, while iTMS offers
128Kbps AAC files. RealPlayer 10 will burn CD-Text, iTunes will not. RPMS also
allows to continue to listen to a preview track even if you navigate away from
that page. iTMS does not.

G

Thanks for the info, however, I did pay for the album I downloaded from Buy.com and now I am unable to listen to it due to the problem I explained. I was hoping to find out how to get My Music to allow me to listen to the one I already purchased. Oh, by the way, I also downloaded a single song and I am unable to listen to it either. I get the same error message.

Ask a Question