Diamond SupraSST V90 modem problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just upgraded to Windows XP. It picked up my 56k modem as a generic softk56. I get a dial tone, but then get a constant beeping noise when I try and dial up, which doesn't stop. This isn't an engaged tone as the number still says it is dialling. I have no idea why this might be. Can anyone help? I have done the query modem option in XP and get a response so I am sure my modem is connected correctly.

Lee

Reaction score
Thanks, I will do that. So even though I'm getting a response from the modem, it still might not work without the correct drivers. Seems weird I get a dialling tone but then just this 'beeping noise' constantly. I checked the number I was dialling was correct.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

I didn't get chance to look last night. I intend to tonight. I am worried though that installing some drivers can lead to windows xp crashing all the time. I have also been recommended to remove the modem from device manager and then try and do the 'find new hardware' process again. I will try the drivers though.
I did get chance to check the log for my modem though and it tells me that "DSR is low while intitialising the modem. Verify modem is turned on". As far as I can tell, everything is connected properly.

Lee

Ask a Question