Dial Up Connection

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My Netgear DG834 V2 router/modem went belly up on me last night, it was about 2.5 years old, which isn't very good, really.

So at the moment I'm on dialup, using a 3com US Robotics external modem which I haven't used in over five years. I bought this modem nine years ago.

And I have to say that this Forum site is moving very respectfully indeed :thumb: Not bad at all :)

Unlike some others sites which is kinda like wading through molasses in big green wellies :D

I have ordered a refurbished Speedtouch 546 4 port ADSL router/modem, wired, from DSL Depot (thanks for the link V_R) which should arrive here tomorrow.

It cost a whole seventeen quid inclusive :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bit of a pain that your router has gone after only a couple of years :wall:

My netgear went last year and I've now got a 3com which does the job ok :nod:

I'm glad the forums are zippy on a 56k :D This new server must be doing the trick :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Unlucky Flops. DSLDepot are great, they do some good deals. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The 546V6 Router arrived today at 11am and by 11.20am I was all back to normal.

Dead easy to set up and works a treat :thumb:

I actually was online within 10 minutes then it took me another ten miniutes to figure out how to enable my Network in Vista as when it detected a new router it deleted all the old settings.

Had to get through about four 'security' levels just to get the thing how I wanted in Vista :confused:

This router routinely costs around £50.00 inc postage from online suppliers so £17.00 for a refurbished unit that to all intents and purposes seems new, is a bargain. Kudos to DSL Depot for a good price and a quick delivery.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have to say the site indeed is quite speedy on 56k :)

Ask a Question