Dell Mouse

Reaction score
I have two spare Dell 'mice' (Is that correct?) and I would like to connect one of them up to my Dell laptop. Is that possible?
I already have a microsoft mouse with it's own USB adaptor but it's rubbish.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, most likely - as long as the mouse has a USB connector and the laptop has a USB port, it'll work :).

Reaction score
No the Mouse wont connect using the current USB connector - is there any other way to connect to the laptop? One has an on/off switch the other two buttons - On/Off and internet connection.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, are these wireless mice without a cabled USB connector?

Reaction score
Yes, They just connected (automatically?) with my previous PC. Unfortunately that was a few years ago and I've forgotten exactly how!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know the model number of them please? It may be written on the bottom of the mice.

They may either need a matching USB dongle, or they may be Bluetooth and require pairing with the PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't find either of those two mouse models unfortunately. I think without the matching USB adaptor/dongle, you're unlikely to be able to use these unfortunately.

Reaction score
I may be an old guy but I'm pretty sure it didn't come with a dongle. The only one I've got like that is the 'naff' one I currently use on my laptop. Puzzling!

Reaction score
Sincere apologies. I thought I'd have a rummage around in an 'old box of tricks' I've got and I actually found a Dell Dongle!!
It didn't work with the WM324 but it did with the other one! I really don't remember it positioned in my old Dell tower computer.
Mind you, when you get older, the memorys a bit shot to pieces, especially when you're on a load of Meds. Thanks again - your reply prompted me into action, so you guys can take the credit - as usual.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
All's well that ends well. I haven't contributed to this, but it's ended up as a nice little story which I have been following. :thumb:

Ask a Question