Delivery Times !?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i am pi$$ed off, i ordered my stuff from OCUK yesterday lunch time thinking it would get here today as its says 'next day' and for £10 i'd damn well expect it but due to some lazy bugger it didn't get to the city link depot till 3pm today and won't get here till tommorow
so i took the day off work for nothing and now i have to take tommorow off aswell
ranting.gif

is this normal for OCUK ? because AFAIK if you order before 4 you usually get stuff next day

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
If it's guaranteed next day then you have a case for compensation....:nod:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it doesn't actually use the word guaranteed (see attatchment) but it does say next day

i haven't ordered anything since the swap over to city link but i can remember the amtrak guys knocking on the door at 8.30 am and that was always next day

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    8.8 KB · Views: 140
Reaction score
I ordered something a couple of days ago from there.... took two days but i think i ordered after 6pm so that may have something to do with it. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
For that price I'd be sure to complain, as should should at least get your tenner back from an order that big!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
City Link took three attempts to deliver a package from BT to my address ... I live on a main road ... I only had contact with BT and they were most apologetic but I ask the Lady on the phone if they had a "special notice" box ... I told her to tell 'em to look for the street name sign and count ... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and to stop @ #5 ... you see, our numbers are odd & even on the same side of the street.

Forth time lucky. :D

The main company I used to get my stock from had an extra charge for next day ... with a rider that, it was not guaranteed that you would get it next day :rolleyes: ... they used City Link also. ;)

Funny though, I always got the stuff the next day anyway.
nod.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
well i've sent them one of their silly webnote thingies asking why their site says next day when it clearly isn't

Reaction score
I had a parcel recently sent to me from friends using Amtrak & as i was out they put a card through the letterbox to say they could not deliver to Flat 7. Very strange as i live in a house!!

Must admit when i explained this to them on the phone the parcel appeared 30 minutes later!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
completely forgot about this as i've been busy setting everything up, its all working no problems although i lost a couple of hours crunching due to boinc not being allowed to connect to the net :(

well they replied the next morning, this is what they said :

Thank you for your web note, the Next day delivery option applies from once the
goods have been shipped from our warehouse not from when it was ordered, on a
usual basis the goods are usually shipped on the day of ordering, however ever
since the Conroe chip has been released it has left allot of orders in our
warehouse and we do not have the man power to shift them all, I apologise for
the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Chris Sanders
Customer Service
Overclockers UK
www.overclockers.co.uk

a load of BS if you ask me but i cant be bothered to follow it up as i have everything i wanted

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Next day delivery option applies from once the
goods have been shipped from our warehouse not from when it was ordered

They may as well call it next but one day delivery with an explanation like that...:lol:

Shipped from the warehouse!......What if its sitting on the warehouse floor for 2 days then......If thats how there gonna start treating customers then they have lost my custom too...

I call that P**s poor meself....

Ask a Question