DCDIAG errors

Michael Hewson

Running dcdiag on the PDC , it fails the
systemlog test with a series of error events - Event ID 0xC000003d - Event
string could not be retrieved
TMISVR failed test systemlog.

On the second DC - it states the browser service has failed to retrieve the
systemlog.

Any ideas what is causing this problem.

Thanks

David Pharr [MSFT]

If the dcdiag tool sees errors in the event viewer log it flags them and
indicates that it failed the test for that log - in this case, the message
you mention indicates that there are errors in the system event viewer log.
Whether or not the error indicates a real problem with which you should be
concerned depends on what errors you are seeing in the system log, how long
it has been occurring, whether or not you are experiencing any operational
problems and the details of the event.

Open the System event viewer log and look for the details of the error.
You can search the knowledge base on the event id, source and/or the exact
text in the event viewer message.

TMISVR doesn't look familiar so I'm assuming its related to some third
party application that is installed. I've seen events that indicate "The
browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times..."
but nothing relating to the system log.

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)