Ctrl-Alt-Delete and msconfig does not work


G

Guest

Please help me. I am using the Home edition and when i run msconfig, it opens
and collapses immediately. Also, the Ctrl-Alt-Delete, the Windows Task
Manager window opens for awhile and collapses immediately.
 
Ad

Advertisements

W

Wesley Vogel

You most likely have a virus.

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

Free online virus scans

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

Get Your AVG 7 for free!
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Whatever you use for Anti Virus, keep it updated.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
 
D

DatabaseBen

you can try them out
is safe mode too and see
if it is not an issue with the o.s.
 
G

Guest

You are right about the virus. The Microsoft Malicious Tool detected it but
could not clean everything - 598 files infected.

The problem is it wont allow me to install any antivirus and even when I
rename the files, the AVG antivirus cannot be installed. It also stops any
installation from the external CD ROM

What can I do ? Please advise.

Thank you.

Terry

Wesley Vogel said:
You most likely have a virus.

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

Free online virus scans

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

Get Your AVG 7 for free!
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Whatever you use for Anti Virus, keep it updated.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Terry said:
Please help me. I am using the Home edition and when i run msconfig, it
opens and collapses immediately. Also, the Ctrl-Alt-Delete, the Windows
Task Manager window opens for awhile and collapses immediately.
 
W

Wesley Vogel

Try one or more of these Free online virus scans

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Terry said:
You are right about the virus. The Microsoft Malicious Tool detected it
but could not clean everything - 598 files infected.

The problem is it wont allow me to install any antivirus and even when I
rename the files, the AVG antivirus cannot be installed. It also stops any
installation from the external CD ROM

What can I do ? Please advise.

Thank you.

Terry

Wesley Vogel said:
You most likely have a virus.

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor
or Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is
caused by Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

Free online virus scans

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

Get Your AVG 7 for free!
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Whatever you use for Anti Virus, keep it updated.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Terry said:
Please help me. I am using the Home edition and when i run msconfig, it
opens and collapses immediately. Also, the Ctrl-Alt-Delete, the Windows
Task Manager window opens for awhile and collapses immediately.
 
Ad

Advertisements

Z

Zoraster Anders

Just format your hard drive and reinstall windows. It will fix everything
and save you a lot of time fooling around with a bunch of crap. Besides a
fresh set of windows runs really great!
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top