Creat bootable CD/DVD

Old Codger \(TX\)

My new notebook doesn't seem to have software to create a bootable CD/DVD, nor does WinXP. Suggestions for one that has never burned a CD or DVD? Keep it very simple please.

Old Codger
= = =
"Predictions are always hazardous, especially when they're about the future."
- (anon)
= = =

Dave

Install Nero.
The readme explains how to create a bootable disc.

My new notebook doesn't seem to have software to create a bootable CD/DVD,
nor does WinXP. Suggestions for one that has never burned a CD or DVD?
Keep it very simple please.

Old Codger
= = =
"Predictions are always hazardous, especially when they're about the
future."
- (anon)
= = =

Lil' Dave

The boot contents are usually important with regard to their usage purposes.
And this may take some knowledge of the OS command lines used for the boot
portion of the CD. This opens a can of worms. I decline.

"Old Codger (TX)" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
My new notebook doesn't seem to have software to create a bootable CD/DVD,
nor does WinXP. Suggestions for one that has never burned a CD or DVD?
Keep it very simple please.

Old Codger
= = =
"Predictions are always hazardous, especially when they're about the
future."
- (anon)
= = =

Old Codger \(TX\)

Thanx; looks good.

Old Codger
= = =
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason
is like administering medicine to the dead."
-- Thomas Paine
= = =

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
--