Create a bootable CD

O

Old Codger \(TX\)

My new notebook doesn't seem to have software to create a bootable CD/DVD, nor does WinXP. Suggestions for one that has never burned a CD or DVD? Keep it very simple please.

W

Wesley Vogel

What are you trying to do?

Use your XP CD, it's bootable.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

O

Old Codger \(TX\)

I bought a Iomega 80GB USB 2 external hard drive for my new notebook (my first) but the Iomega backup software had no provisions to create a bootable CD/DVD to restore the a backup if/when necessary. Today, I d/l the new and improved Iomega Automatic Backup Pro 3.3.0.12 but it too fails to provide a means to create a bootable CD. Of course, Iomega will sell me more software to accomplish the task. Over the years, Norton Ghost always enabled me to create a bootable floppy but there is no floppy with the new notebook. Norton Ghost 2003 only creates a floppy boot disk, not a CD/DVD. So, I have two backup programs and neither will create a bootable CD I can use to restore a backup when needed on the notebook. Suggestions, besides buy more programs?

Old Codger
= = =
"Predictions are always hazardous, especially when they're about the future."
- (anon)
= = =

What are you trying to do?

Use your XP CD, it's bootable.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In