"Could not add the requested component. The error is: Access is Denied."

Jeff H

I'm trying to reinstall the "Client for Microsoft
Networks" in my LAN properties and get the error: "Could
not add the requested component. The error is: Access is
Denied." I've removed the TCP/IP protocol, but still have
this issue. Any suggestions on how I can get this resolved?

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that when you try to reinstall the "Client for Microsoft
Networks", the system displays error message.

Please try these steps and check if it resolves your issue.

1. Make sure you login as user with administrative privileges or as
administrator.
2. Please check the permission on folder winnt. If administrator or
currently logged in user does not have full control permission, assign full
control.

Now please try to reinstall the service. If the error reappears, please
check if there are any related events in the event viewer.

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi

| From: "Jeff H" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Jeff H" <[email protected]>
| Subject: "Could not add the requested component. The error is: Access is