Cookies experation

dbltap

I use WinXP Home.

When I look in my cookies folder I do not have a detail column with
expiration. How can I find out how long the cookie is supposed to be active.

I am not paranoid about having most cookies so please don't tell me about
how I am being tracked.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

dbltap said:
I use WinXP Home.

When I look in my cookies folder I do not have a detail column with
expiration. How can I find out how long the cookie is supposed to be
active.
I am not paranoid about having most cookies so please don't tell me
about how I am being tracked.

I don't think you can add that column.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Robert Aldwinckle

dbltap said:
I use WinXP Home.

When I look in my cookies folder I do not have a detail column with
expiration. How can I find out how long the cookie is supposed to be active.

Use the TIF Viewer. Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V
Cookies are shown formatted in it as well.

---

dbltap

Thank you Don, I down loaded the Karenware viewer and it works great.
Also thanks to Frank Saunders and Robert Aldwinckle

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
I think that you wil need a third-party program for this. I'm sure that
there are other (free) programs available, but you might try Cookie Viewer
from http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp
or
IECookiesView from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

dbltap said:
I use WinXP Home.

When I look in my cookies folder I do not have a detail column with
expiration. How can I find out how long the cookie is supposed to be active.

I am not paranoid about having most cookies so please don't tell me about
how I am being tracked.

Don Varnau

active.

Use the TIF Viewer. Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V
Cookies are shown formatted in it as well.

Excellent point! But you lost me with the keyboard shortcuts ;-)
From the TIF folder, I think...
alt-v, d, alt-v, n, arrow down to Expires, alt-s, enter
Click on the Type column to group all cookies together.

Don

Robert Aldwinckle

Don Varnau said:
"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald[at]techemail.com> wrote in message
Use the TIF Viewer. Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V
Cookies are shown formatted in it as well.

Excellent point! But you lost me with the keyboard shortcuts ;-)

Sorry. That's how I open the TIF Viewer from IE.
Tools, Options, TIF Settings..., View Files

I've posted that so often over the years that I'm flabbergasted
that this isn't obvious... ; )

Don Varnau

"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald[at]techemail.com> wrote in message
Use the TIF Viewer. Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V
Cookies are shown formatted in it as well.

Excellent point! But you lost me with the keyboard shortcuts ;-)
Sorry. That's how I open the TIF Viewer from IE.
Tools, Options, TIF Settings..., View Files

I've posted that so often over the years that I'm flabbergasted
that this isn't obvious... ; )

Ahh... I see. Starting with an IE window Alt-T,O,Alt-S,V gets you there.
:)

Don