Converting MPG2 to WMV results in shortened movie

G

I am using MM to convert a MPG2 movie to WMV so I can stream it over my home wireless network. The problem I am having is that after conversion to WMV the last 5 or 10 minutes of the movie gets cut off. It is available in the MPG and can be viewed in the MPG but gets cut off by the WMV conversion. I have tried it several times with several different movies and the result are the same. Anyone else have this problem? My MPG2 codec is from CyberLink PowerDVD player.

Also, MediaPlayer 9 always seems to report a movies total time is only 1 hours 10 minutes and not the correct length of 2 hours +.

B

Bob [MVP]

MM simply doesn't play well with most MPEG-2
decoders. There's some info on the topic at
www.papajohn.org.

--
-Bob

kevink said:
I am using MM to convert a MPG2 movie to WMV so I can stream it over my home wireless network. The problem I am having is that
after conversion to WMV the last 5 or 10 minutes of the movie gets cut off. It is available in the MPG and can be viewed in the MPG
but gets cut off by the WMV conversion. I have tried it several times with several different movies and the result are the same.
Anyone else have this problem? My MPG2 codec is from CyberLink PowerDVD player.

Ask a Question