Contacts vs Composing Email recipients

  • Start date Start date

kruzin

Using Windows Mail and creating a new email when I click on the To box to
pick recipients I get a list of recipients that is not complete, is more than
29 contacts and not all are recently used contacts. So then I need to go
into the Contact folder and find who I want to send my email to.

Why, when I click on the To box does it not give me current, recently used
addresses?

Understand that all development of Windows Mail ceased as of July 2006.
Bugs and design defects will not be fixed.
If you want a proper working contacts picker, upgrade to the replacement
email program, Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"kruzin" wrote in message
Using Windows Mail and creating a new email when I click on the To box to
pick recipients I get a list of recipients that is not complete, is more than
29 contacts and not all are recently used contacts. So then I need to go
into the Contact folder and find who I want to send my email to.

Why, when I click on the To box does it not give me current, recently used
addresses?

Windows Mail uses 2 sources of email addresses.
1. The auto-complete function stores 29 of the most recent addresses you've
typed into an email message.
2. The To: button opens the contents of the Contacts folder.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
"kruzin" wrote in message

Using Windows Mail and creating a new email when I click on the To box to
pick recipients I get a list of recipients that is not complete, is more
than
29 contacts and not all are recently used contacts. So then I need to go
into the Contact folder and find who I want to send my email to.

Why, when I click on the To box does it not give me current, recently used
addresses?

Back
Top