Contact Lenses?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried contact lenses? I went to get them today, and got them in (eventually!). They seem pretty cool, just wondering what other people think?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hu!

You can't see contact lenses, how can they be cool? :D

I would have to put my PCB glasses on to put a pair of contact lenses in. I have five different pair of glasses, one pair ... well just so I can see, one for reading, one for close up computer work and a pair for the Scotch. hic, hic. :D

;)

Reaction score
I wear contact lenses all the time, except at night when I wear my glasses. It was horrible getting them in and out when I first got them (especially that one of them is a really thin one, about 1.25), but it's simple now, takes only a few seconds. You'll get used to them.

Only problem is computer stuff I find, because I don't need glasses for close, and they dry up quick because you blink less, especially when I'm on here for a long time, so usually I take them off.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a pain getting them in and out at the opticians! I'm 1.50 Diopters in each eye which isnt very much, but wow I notice a big difference :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So far, touch wood, I just need glasses for reading. If I'm wearing them and look into the distance, everything's blurry. Can see fine long distance.

But, give it time, and I'm sure I may be sharing your experiences with the contact lenses.

Reaction score
Shades

One benefit of contact lenses is that, while they can't be directly cool (as you can't see them), you can wear any kind of sunglasses you like with them! No more clip-ons with those...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Shades

Originally posted by EnigmaticPhoeni
One benefit of contact lenses is that, while they can't be directly cool (as you can't see them), you can wear any kind of sunglasses you like with them! No more clip-ons with those...

That was one of my main reasons actually (first the ability to see though ;)), as prescription glasses would cost almost as much as an 8 months supply of lenses!

Reaction score
i dont wear glasses myself but do have a funky set of coloured contacts - now these are cool

Ask a Question