Connect Emulator with ActiveSync Power Toy troubles...

Chris Craft

I am getting the same error on two difference machines. Once is using
ActiveSync 3.7 and the other is using the newest 3.7.1. It is an escalating
kind of error. First try says it can't load emulator, but the emulator
loads right up on the screen. Try it again it loads the emulator and times
out or something. Next time you hear the "connect" sound, but the
connection doesn't quite get establish. Pretty soon you actually can start
a failing connection from the emulator. For a while I got the following
error:

Cannot Connect
In order to connect to your work network you will need to configure a VPN
connection.

Then I got past that, but I haven't made it past:
Critical communications services have failed to start. Try resetting the
mobile device, and then connect again.

Thanks,
Chris Craft
http://www.cjcraft.com/

Page Brooks

I am experiencing the same difficulties. Even with the newest version
of ActiveSync 3.7.1. Thanks for the post on your website about the
newest version of ActiveSync. Microsoft is sneaky.

Ximing Zhou [MSFT]

1. Make sure the emulator is started by the tool and not started or saved
by Visual Studio .NET 2003.
2. If your PC has multiple ip addresses and one of them is from wireless,
disable the wireless connection. If that does not help, disable all the
connections but the one from Loopback. If the PC does not have Loopback
installed, install it from Control Panel / Add Hardware.

Let us know whether this helps.

Ximing
| Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:06:41 -0400
| From: Page Brooks <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Connect Emulator with ActiveSync Power Toy troubles...
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I am experiencing the same difficulties. Even with the newest version
| of ActiveSync 3.7.1. Thanks for the post on your website about the
| newest version of ActiveSync. Microsoft is sneaky.
|
| Chris Craft wrote:
| > I am getting the same error on two difference machines. Once is using
| > ActiveSync 3.7 and the other is using the newest 3.7.1. It is an
escalating
| > kind of error. First try says it can't load emulator, but the emulator
| > loads right up on the screen. Try it again it loads the emulator and
times
| > out or something. Next time you hear the "connect" sound, but the
| > connection doesn't quite get establish. Pretty soon you actually can
start
| > a failing connection from the emulator. For a while I got the following
| > error:
| >
| > Cannot Connect
| > In order to connect to your work network you will need to configure a
VPN
| > connection.
| >
| > Then I got past that, but I haven't made it past:
| > Critical communications services have failed to start. Try resetting
the
| > mobile device, and then connect again.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Chris Craft
| > http://www.cjcraft.com/

Achim Ruopp [MSFT]

I had the same issue and only disabling my wireless connection didn't do the
trick. After I undocked my wireless card and physically removed it the
connection between emulator and Activesync started to work. Even after
plugging in the card again it continued to work. I don't know what to do if
you have the same issue and have wireless built-in. (Environment: ActiveSync
3.7.1, loopback adapter installed)

--
Achim Ruopp