ActiveSync and Emulator

Stephen Piland

I received the email today from Microsoft which indicated (see link below)
that Window Mobile Developer Power Toys are available. One feature that is
included is the ability to connect to your emulator session to VS.NET. Has
anyone successfully pulled this off? What functions are provided? Can you
sync Pocket Access DBs?

I'm asking in advance because I am receiving an error message when I try to
communicate. I get a 'Critical communications services have failed to
start. Try resetting the mobile device, and then connect again.' error
message. I have reset and tried again, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks
alot!!!

Win2k Server SP4
VS.NET 2003
ActiveSync 3.7

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D6-1DCC-47AA-AB28-6A2B006EDFE9&displaylang=en

David So [MSFT]

The Emulator ActriveSync Connection tool only works with Pocket PC 2003 or
above emulators, it doesn't work with existing Pocket PC 2002 emulator. You
would have to download Pocket PC 2003 emulator from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9996b314-0364-4623-
9ede-0b5fbb133652&DisplayLang=en

Then you should be able to connect the Pocket PC 2003 emulator using
activesync and the tool.

Thanks,

David

| From: "Stephen Piland" <[email protected]>
| Subject: ActiveSync and Emulator
| Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:04:18 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I received the email today from Microsoft which indicated (see link below)
| that Window Mobile Developer Power Toys are available. One feature that
is
| included is the ability to connect to your emulator session to VS.NET.
Has
| anyone successfully pulled this off? What functions are provided? Can
you
| sync Pocket Access DBs?
|
| I'm asking in advance because I am receiving an error message when I try
| communicate. I get a 'Critical communications services have failed to
| start. Try resetting the mobile device, and then connect again.' error
| message. I have reset and tried again, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks
| alot!!!
|
| Win2k Server SP4
| VS.NET 2003
| ActiveSync 3.7