Conky and conky-manager

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Conky can be a bit of a trial to customise. Conky-manager makes the task a little easier.

As you can see in the screenshot I have three conkys running and have had a quick fiddle with the one on the left.

Full Size

up3ZyFwl.jpg

I fiddled with this,

http://freeazy.devia...1mp3l-210892282

using conky-manager and a couple of other conky scripts, realigned some things and added cpu temps and got the eth0 to show and got the conky on the left. Was just playing and it could do with some more work and a new background image to make it look good though.
Using conky-manager and altering conky scripts with mousepad I was able to see the changes in real time which made the fiddling a load easier. The hard part is getting conky-manager to accept the conky's I have downloaded from the net. I can get some of them to work with conky-manager but not all.
All said conky-manager makes fiddling with conky's a lot easier. I'll probably have another play later in the year as time is limited at the moment.

breakfast.gif

Ask a Question