Computers on the network

Harrison Midkiff

Hello:

I have an issue with users putting there personal computers on my network
and other devices. I know I can configure DHCP to issue addresses via there
MAC addresses but this is a lot to manage. Does anyone know of a good way
to manage this?

Harrison Midkiff

Miha Pihler [MVP]

What would you like to do? Prevent them from getting IP addresses? Prevent
them from getting to your servers once on the network? Prevent them access
to the internet?

Some of these solutions are not cheap since they require additional hardware
etc. One of the easiest ways to prevent them from becoming part of the
network on their own computers is to not patch all network outlets. Patch
only the ones that are needed by company computers.

Next thing you can do is write a document that prohibits such behavior and
define consequences. Of course management would have to sign such a policy,
but it can be very powerful "tool".

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Harrison,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

At this moment, I'd like to thank Mike for his kindly notifications and
input. From your post, could you let us know what goal you would like to
achieve?

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support