DHCP vendor MSFT 5.0 alcatel ot5021e soleil

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is what I keep on finding on my network after reinstalation of windows on my pc. Changed all passwords etc.this is what I see via Fing:

Alcatel ot5021e soleil
Ip address 10.0.0.9
MAC address aa:BB:CC:XX:XX:XX
Operating system Android
Netbios name RO†>uK
File server yes
DHCP name Rascal
DHCP vendor MSFT 5.0

I have my iPhone connected on my wifi and my pc. I don't have any android connected on my wifi. Could you help me out to identify the problem please?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be worth going to your router admin panel and see which devices are connected from there. It may give you more information. From the looks of things, you've got something unauthorised connecting to your network - did you change WiFi passwords too?

Do you have any android development software on your PC? I wonder if the 10.0.0.x subnet is an internal one and you've got a virtual device on your W10 system.

Reaction score
It may be worth going to your router admin panel and see which devices are connected from there. It may give you more information. From the looks of things, you've got something unauthorised connecting to your network - did you change WiFi passwords too?

Do you have any android development software on your PC? I wonder if the 10.0.0.x subnet is an internal one and you've got a virtual device on your W10 system.

Hi Ian,
Thank you very much for your answer!
I changed the passwords on router,upgraded to newest software,reinstalled windows 10 on my pc....no success.
Could you explain how to check if I have virtual device on my pic please?
I'm not that skilled Pc user.

Thank you very much once more

Reaction score

Please check attachment
I just disconnected connection via mobile hotspot on my pc.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    346.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 1,613

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Given the DHCP name, it's very similar to your PC name - so looks like something intentional. It's also on the same WiFi subnet.

When you say you changed passwords on the router - did you change the WiFi password (i.e. you needed to re-enter it on your phone and PC to connect again).

Which router do you have? Does it have a page that will display all connected devices?

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Yes,I changed wifi password,admin password to enter the router and I had to reconnect and type in new passwords in all my devices. I'm using zyxel vmg1312-B30B from O2.

By the way,my iPhone 5s is producing Apple mobile device protocol when I checked via app iNet. Does it have anything to do with it? Is it part of standard iPhones behaviour?
I didn't install it on my phone.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0155.PNG
    IMG_0155.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 807

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you've changed your WiFi password, then I'm puzzled how anything can connect without your knowledge. Is anything hard wired to the router?

I wonder if Fing is providing incorrect results. Can you try running a network scan from your PC instead please (perhaps using http://angryip.org/screenshots/) and see what is identified.

According to P54 of the manual, there should be a network map within the router admin interface:

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/VMG1312-B10D/user_guide/VMG1312-B10D_V5.11.pdf

Can you identify all of the devices that it shows connected on that map?

Ask a Question