APM-J011-WS Wireless/Wired Night Vision IP Camera

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Well this might be a good last minute present for the geek who has it all - Big Bruin have taken a look at the APM-J011-WS Wireless/Wired Night Vision IP Camera:

"The APM-J011-WS wireless/wired night vision IP camera sent over by Geeks.com works very well. Having used a handful of other name brand cameras, I wasn't sure what I should expect from this lower priced, generically packaged unit. Because the APM-J011-WS is so much like a Foscam camera, I wound up being very pleased. It was extremely easy to setup, the feature-packed interface is nearly identical, and every day use is quite simple.

I have had this camera installed for about 6 weeks now, and I can not report any significant issues. One thing I did notice, is also a 'feature' of the Foscam brand cameras that I own... When I connect the cameras via WiFi, if there is a power outage or the camera otherwise loses connection to the router, it will not regain its connection automatically when the power / connection is restored. Even if I assign static IP addresses via the DHCP server in my router, the APM-J011-WS (and the two Foscam cameras on site) need help getting back online on occasion. I prefer the reliability and security of a hard wired connection any way, so to me this is not a big concern. Being hard wired, and with the router configured for port forwarding, I have been able to keep an eye on my property from around the world without issue."

You can read their full review here.

Ask a Question