computer starts up in 8bit color quality

G

Ever since I messed around with color quality a few days ago, my computer starts up in 8bit color quaLity
Its kind of weird because right when it starts up, its 32 bit, but the screen flickers after about a second and it comes back in 8 bit color quality. I have tried changing to 32bit, apply, restart, just to see if that made it default again, but no change. also, have changed it in both video settings and windows settings to 32 and restarted, that didnt work either. reinstalled my nvidia drivers too

specs:
windows xp pr
nvidia geforce3 ti20
Samsung 955DF monito

if anybody can help me i'd be really grateful.

G

----- jb_ wrote: -----

Ever since I messed around with color quality a few days ago, my computer starts up in 8bit color quaLity.
Its kind of weird because right when it starts up, its 32 bit, but the screen flickers after about a second and it comes back in 8 bit color quality. I have tried changing to 32bit, apply, restart, just to see if that made it default again, but no change. also, have changed it in both video settings and windows settings to 32 and restarted, that didnt work either. reinstalled my nvidia drivers too.

specs:
windows xp pro
nvidia geforce3 ti200
Samsung 955DF monitor

if anybody can help me i'd be really grateful.

---------------

i have the same problem. i can't find a way to solve it. exactly the same problem with the flickering on, and then changing. i've done everything you have done to fix it. if you find something, could you email me and let me know what worked? i can do the same for you, if you like.

thanks
dan kennedy.

G

Hey JB, all you have to do is update your video driver. go through your display settings, to your monitor settings, and it'll be in there, in advanced settings. go to "driver" or something of the sort and update it. i had to go to the toshiba website, but if you have a PC, you shouldn't have to. if you need help, i'll see what i can do

(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question