Common Language Runtime Debugging: winxp

Rudy

I have the same problem as the writer below.

NOTIFICATION ALERT.EXE 'error' window at startup

It appears as if CAREY FRISCH MVP believes it results from a virus and had
the writer perform security checks and so on to no apparent avail.
I too ran the " Symantec Security Check" for viruses and trojans and got:
"Virus status- SAFE "O" files infected, No Viruses detected."
I called DELL and they referred me back to Microsoft...beyond that, they
wanted me to FORMAT my HD..easy for them to say.
I did get and try to use MS Knowledge Base article 283150 but was unable to
get the COMMAND to recognize the suggested line
C:\>CD%SystemRoot%\SysWow64.

The thread copied below basically runs out with Mr. Frisch suggesting she
run security scans..nothing more was forthcoming.
I have the latest MS Security updates and am running EZ Trust AV and
Firewall I also got from Microsoft.

PS I DID chedck the FAQs and googled for other threads but this is the only
one I found- apparently unresolved.

Message 1 in thread
From: auntiem ([email protected])
Subject: notifyalert.exe-common language runtime debugging services

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
Date: 2004-06-18 16:44:41 PST

Been getting this pop up....and don't know what's it for and why I'm getting
it ...can anyone help with this....thanks
the top of it notifyalert.exe-common language runtime debugging services
: under that is a triangle (yellow) with an ! in it
that said application has generated an exception that could not be handled
processid=oxd44(3396),threadid=oxaa8(2728)
click ok to terminate the application,click cancel to debug the application
when it click cancel,another comes up that saod notifyalert.exe-no debugger
found
with another trriangle (yellow) with an ! in the center,registered ]IT
debuger is not available, an attempt to launch a ]IT debugger with the
following commad resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer
settings cordbg.exe. !a oxd44
click on retry to have the proces wait while attaching a debugger manually.
click on cancel to abort the ]IT debug request.Post a follow-up to this
message

Message 2 in thread
From: Carey Frisch [MVP] ([email protected])
Subject: Re: notifyalert.exe-common language runtime debugging
services

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
Date: 2004-06-18 16:50:18 PST

There is a very helpful virus removal newsgroup you may wish to post to:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Virus Removal Tools
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

Online Virus Removal Tutorials
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/virusremoval/virusremoval_info_tutorial.html

3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

Frequently Asked Questions About Antivirus Software
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/antivirus.asp

HOW TO: Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283673&Product=winxp

Message 4 in thread
From: Carey Frisch [MVP] ([email protected])
services

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
Date: 2004-06-18 17:53:39 PST

Perform the security scans I suggested.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Rudy

Rudy,
I missed this post, can you just outline what the issue
you were having are again?
Regards
Mike Bright MCP, MSP
e:[email protected]

Here it is again Mike.
I have the same problem as the writer below.
NOTIFICATION ALERT.EXE 'error' window at startup

It appears as if CAREY FRISCH MVP believes it results from a virus and had
the writer perform security checks and so on to no apparent avail.
I too ran the " Symantec Security Check" for viruses and trojans and got:
"Virus status- SAFE "O" files infected, No Viruses detected."

Also ran CA EZ trust AV and it says "clean" too
I called DELL and they referred me back to Microsoft...beyond that, they
wanted me to FORMAT my HD..easy for them to say.
I did get and try to use MS Knowledge Base article 283150 but was unable to
get the COMMAND to recognize the suggested line
C:\>CD%SystemRoot%\SysWow64.

The thread copied below basically runs out with Mr. Frisch suggesting she
run security scans..nothing more was forthcoming. IS there a resolution
for this problem ?
I have the latest MS Security updates and am running EZ Trust AV and
Firewall I also got from Microsoft.

PS I DID check the FAQs and googled for other threads but this is the only
one I found- apparently unresolved.

My problem is the same as listed below:

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] ([email protected])
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
Date: 2004-06-18 17:53:39 PST

Rudy

I have the same problem as the writer below. It began when I plugged my
laptop into a friends DSL/telco line for a half hour then brought it home
and went back onto Cable modem:
NOTIFICATION ALERT.EXE 'error' window at startup

It appears as if CAREY FRISCH MVP believes it results from a virus and had
the writer perform security checks and so on to no apparent avail.
I too ran the " Symantec Security Check" for viruses and trojans and got:
"Virus status- SAFE "O" files infected, No Viruses detected."
I have the latest MS Security updates and am running EZ Trust AV and
Firewall I also got from Microsoft and EZ Trust says I'm "clean" too.

ORIGINAL said:
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
Date: 2004-06-18 16:44:41 PST
[...]

Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
After many years and many attempts, I was successful last night at removing this error pop-up.

Notify Alert- Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application
.
When you click cancel you find the following detail

PCDCT for Window.exe - No debugger found.

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following common resulted in error code 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exc !a 0x2e4

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attching a debugger manually.

Click on Cancell to abort the JIT debug request.

First, I removed the latter by re-installing the .net framework software development kit -apparently it had not been installed with the rest of the .net framework original install.

Then I removed the former:
"notifyalert exe common Language Runtime Debugging Services : Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" by going to my Dell folder and deleting the support folder within.

Hope it helps someone.