Windows Vista code 31

Reaction score
I bought a new laptop computer it is a compaq and every time i try to connect to the internet at my house i have to go down and restart the new modem that we just purchased from aliant.
I went into control panal an to Sysyem then to device manager and into network adapters one of the 3 called 6T04 Adapter says under device status
( This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) )
I was wondering if somebody knew what is going on......PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome to PC Review, with your pc you should have got a drivers CD. That will have all the drivers on it for your notebook, you can also manually select the disk drive by updating the driver in device manager.

I hope this helps, let us know if we can help you further.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Well no disk came with my laptop so i went to update the driver software and it tells me that the best software is already installed. My computer is still under warrenty for i bought it december 27 and i got a extra 2 year warrenty so should i just bring it out to them or what??

Reaction score
fclarke said:
Well no disk came with my laptop so i went to update the driver software and it tells me that the best software is already installed. My computer is still under warrenty for i bought it december 27 and i got a extra 2 year warrenty so should i just bring it out to them or what??

Yeah take it back to them and tell them your problem. Ask them to give you a disk with all the drivers on for your laptop. You paid for the extened warrantry so you might as well use it mate. :thumb:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Ask a Question