Code 31 problem (no CDRW drive)

G

hello. I'm been having this problem forever, I don't remember how it happened, but my PC can't detect the correct drivers for the CDRW drive. First CD drive works well. i thought it might be a hardware problem, so I bought new CDRW drive, the internal one, that didn't work, I returned it and then bought external one and it still shows me the same problem. I use that knowledge base, and removed 'uperfilters' 'lowerfilters' through registry. Stil the same mess. I really need someones helpl, becasue I've been living with this problem for quite some time and its driving me crazy. Can I update from Win2000 to XP and would that help? Can someone please help me with this?

G

GHalleck

JR said:
hello. I'm been having this problem forever, I don't remember how it happened, but my PC can't detect the correct drivers for the CDRW drive. First CD drive works well. i thought it might be a hardware problem, so I bought new CDRW drive, the internal one, that didn't work, I returned it and then bought external one and it still shows me the same problem. I use that knowledge base, and removed 'uperfilters' 'lowerfilters' through registry. Stil the same mess. I really need someones helpl, becasue I've been living with this problem for quite some time and its driving me crazy. Can I update from Win2000 to XP and would that help? Can someone please help me with this?

What kind of external CDRW drive? SCSI? Parallel port? USB? Usually,
SCSI port and parallel port external drives need to be powered on before
the computer is turned on. Also, these non-USB connections may need
special drivers to be installed or services activated. OTOH, USB drives
are hot-swappable.

Hooking up internal drives may require starting bios configuration set up
in order to identify it on the IDE port, usually under "autodetect". The OS
should be able to resolve resource conflicts unless the system is unusually
more complex than standard.

Ask a Question