Christmas Present Shopping - online or offline?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's nearing the time of year when we've got to go out an do Christmas shopping - but are you going to get thing online or offline this year?

Last year I think I got almost everything online, and I'd probably do the same again this year if I could get reliable deliveries.

So, online or offline? :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Mainly on-line for me, because I don't really like crowds that much. I also think that you can get a better look at the things you are interested in buying, when you're not being jostled, etc.

There is a lot to be said for being able to physically examine things that you want to buy, of course, and sometimes there can be ambiguities either in descriptions, or photos of the item. Just occasionally, it can be a shock to find that the delivered item is not quite what you expected :rolleyes:

Mostly though, I've been happy with on-line purchases and I find myself returning to reputable on-line stores that I've had previous positive experiences of using. Definitely a time and stress-saver in our household:thumb: :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just waiting for a Digital Photo Frame to arrive from e-buyer and thats all me xmas shopping done . Everyone else is getting Pears in Wine jars .

:p

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i find it easier to browse for things on the net so if i cant get it online i'll go and pick it up but i mainly use the net to shop

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
So, online or offline?

NEITHER. I have a secret weapon :D

I only have to get things for my missus - she does ALL the other Xmas shopping.

The secret weapon is one of my daughters, who just LOVES shopping. I just leave everything to her - she knows exactly what is needed. :thumb:
icon7.gif

I know, I know it's cheating but I can't abide shopping. :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
nivrip said:
NEITHER. I have a secret weapon :D

I only have to get things for my missus - she does ALL the other Xmas shopping.

The secret weapon is one of my daughters, who just LOVES shopping. I just leave everything to her - she knows exactly what is needed. :thumb:
icon7.gif

I know, I know it's cheating but I can't abide shopping. :lol:

Is this wonderful person for hire? And if so, what is her hourly rate ;) :lol: Sounds like you have an absolute treasure there Niv!! :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Is this wonderful person for hire? And if so, what is her hourly rate

Of course she is available for hire. The rate is £1000 per hour and, naturally, I take a 90% commission fee. Oh! and there are travelling expenses too. :lol: :wave:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Online all the way, i cant stand fighting my way round shops, least of all at Xmas. I just loose my temper too quick.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
V_R said:
Online all the way, i cant stand fighting my way round shops, least of all at Xmas. I just loose my temper too quick.

I know the feeling! It's my pet hate - I just like to go in and get what I want and then come out :thumb: Luckily, like nivrip, Bex enjoys it enough for us both :rolleyes: ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Online this year I think.

Shopping Malls and High Streets are almost pleasant when they're not crowded but when they are crowded it generates this phenomenon in me commonly known as 'steam escaping from ears and about to explode' :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
some online for me, but I still have santa shopping to do & that means hours of battling through the madhouse to buy large quantities of cheap cr*p, most of which will have broken within the month, along with a couple of the more expensive, designed to last/& actually wanted things.
I'm a bit on the poor side this year so thought that, for the people I really care about, I might get off my posterior & paint them a little picture each. Although I don't know If I can actually complete more than a couple in the time remaining. Unfortunately speed is not my primary painting skill. Everyone else can have one of them cheap gift baskets they sell everywhere come xmas. Not exactly effusive & original, but money is very tight :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
cirianz said:
some online for me, but I still have santa shopping to do & that means hours of battling through the madhouse to buy large quantities of cheap cr*p, most of which will have broken within the month, along with a couple of the more expensive, designed to last/& actually wanted things.
I'm a bit on the poor side this year so thought that, for the people I really care about, I might get off my posterior & paint them a little picture each. Although I don't know If I can actually complete more than a couple in the time remaining. Unfortunately speed is not my primary painting skill. Everyone else can have one of them cheap gift baskets they sell everywhere come xmas. Not exactly effusive & original, but money is very tight :(

Give em a big hug and a kiss and I'm sure that they will be very happy .

nod.gif

Ask a Question