Chkdsk has no effect on reboot

Reaction score
Hello there!
I have this peculiar problem, after a period of time (just an hour or so), stuff in some screen begins to disappear or just load incorrectly/distort (like when i open the TASK MANAGER, no text appears anywhere in the box, the tabs dont even come up, or on youtube the load bar takes up the entire bottom portion of the video window including over the play/pause button; this sometimes happens when i attempt a chkdsk/r on my D: drive, which never really ends successfully because the computer ends up slowing down to a crawl) So then, i just say something must be wrong with the main C: drive, I use ccleaner to clean up temporary files, clean the registeries, run Spybot to search for malware/spyware (and end up finding nothing)

So then i try a chkdsk on the C:/ drive, it deletes various index entries and proceeds to tell me "Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode". Then I just set it to run on reboot set on CHKDSK/F, it runs, but finds nothing, and then i run it again in the OS and it begins deleting index entries once again. I am not sure what i would do.

Processor: Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5ghz
Ram: 4GB
HDD: Seagate - Momentus 7200.3 320-GB (partitioned to 39GB and 259GB repectively)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much
Alphonse

Ask a Question