Chipmunk Sounds

I have an Averatec 3270 EH-1 notbook computer that uses the VIA Vinyl AC '97
sound card. I installed a Windows XP update recently and the sounds on my
machine suddenly sound sped-up, as though the Chipmunks are residing in my
machine.

I know that this problem is related to the Update, but I can't figure out
how to solve it. I've reinstalled my sound card driver, but to no avail.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

db

have you tried nuts?
I have an Averatec 3270 EH-1 notbook computer that uses the VIA Vinyl AC '97
sound card. I installed a Windows XP update recently and the sounds on my
machine suddenly sound sped-up, as though the Chipmunks are residing in my
machine.

I know that this problem is related to the Update, but I can't figure out
how to solve it. I've reinstalled my sound card driver, but to no avail.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Patrick Keenan

mt_talent said:
I have an Averatec 3270 EH-1 notbook computer that uses the VIA Vinyl AC
'97
sound card. I installed a Windows XP update recently and the sounds on my
machine suddenly sound sped-up, as though the Chipmunks are residing in my
machine.

I know that this problem is related to the Update, but I can't figure out
how to solve it. I've reinstalled my sound card driver, but to no avail.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

You probably have the wrong soundcard driver. Determine what the soundcard
actually is, get the real driver, remove the installed one, and install the
correct one.

HTH
-pk

db