Charity Shops

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Gotta love charity shops. Got Doom 3 and Hitman today for the good price of £1.50. DOOM 3 was still a sealed item, have installed it and patched and been playing all afternoon. Good fun so far :D

Reaction score
:D Suprising what great items you can fing in charity shops I often have a wander our local ones in Headcorn and Maidstone

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I know, I always go look for old vinyl. I have picked up a few great deals. And there are one or two that I have found good for old PC parts.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Doom 3 worth playing, all Hitman series complete pile of poo. In my opinion.

Love charity shops, books for a quid, vinyl albums for a one pound coin (I really have had quite a few vinyl bargains) and I recently bought two Gap shirts and one M & S checked shirt for average of £3.50 each, all almost new. These shirts cost £25-£40 each in respective shops.

My local charity shop is for Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, thought to myself I better support this one cos I may end up in there one day, lol

They recently upped price of paperbacks to £2 and so I stopped buying and went to library. A few weeks after price rise they went back to £1 or £1.25 for books, nobody buying, it would seem.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
all Hitman series complete pile of poo. In my opinion.

My local charity shop is for Greenwich & Bexley Hospice,

Hitman got unistalled as quicly as I installed it. As for charity shops, I always try to use ones that are joined to some hospice or something like that,something I can see where the money is going to, rather than some far off land to dig a well where I am not quite sure if they ever dig the well :(

Reaction score
I bought a goat from a charity shop last year & and a very fine goat it was.
Sadly not to be used as my new grass cutter, but instead went to sunnier climates!:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah yes, this is one of life's Maxims and I always advise my close friends and visitors from Baffin Island 'If you need a goat then a charity shop should be your chosen destination'.

Of course, of course :)

Ask a Question