changing default viewer?

Bubba

My system currently flips over to Adobe Photoshop whenever I try to open a
JPG file. How do I change the default viewer back to the Windows viewer?

TIA

Rudy

WB

Bubba said:
My system currently flips over to Adobe Photoshop whenever I try to open a
JPG file. How do I change the default viewer back to the Windows viewer?

TIA

Rudy

See if this works
Start, Run and enter regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

James Silverton

Hello, WB!
You wrote on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 20:34:15 -0400:

W> ??>> My system currently flips over to Adobe Photoshop whenever
??>> I try to open a JPG file. How do I change the default
??>> viewer back to the Windows viewer?
??>>
??>> TIA
??>>
??>> Rudy
??>>
W> See if this works
W> Start, Run and enter regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

Right click on a .jpg > choose program >click the program you
want> click always use the selected program for this type of
file.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Ayush

If WB method fixed it, i think it will be fast. I spent 2 days to set my
jpg, bmp, gif, png back to Windows Picture and fax viewer. I know that it is
shimgvw.dll but i can't fix it by Folder Option > File Types because it
does't accept dlls. I can't remember how i fixed it ..

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

| Hello, WB!
| You wrote on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 20:34:15 -0400:
|

| W> | ??>> My system currently flips over to Adobe Photoshop whenever
| ??>> I try to open a JPG file. How do I change the default
| ??>> viewer back to the Windows viewer?
| ??>>
| ??>> TIA
| ??>>
| ??>> Rudy
| ??>>
| W> See if this works
| W> Start, Run and enter regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
|
| Right click on a .jpg > choose program >click the program you
| want> click always use the selected program for this type of
| file.
|
| James Silverton
| Potomac, Maryland
|
| E-mail, with obvious alterations:
| not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

James Silverton

Hello, James!
You wrote to WB on Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:04:47 -0400:

W>> ??>>> My system currently flips over to Adobe Photoshop
??>>> whenever I try to open a JPG file. How do I change the
??>>> default viewer back to the Windows viewer?
??>>>
??>>> TIA
??>>>
??>>> Rudy
??>>>
W>> See if this works
W>> Start, Run and enter regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

JS> Right click on a .jpg > choose program >click the program
JS> you
want>> click always use the selected program for this type of
JS> file.

Sorry, missed a step, too late at night!

Right click on a .jpg > open with >choose program >click the
program you want> click "always use the selected program for
this type of
file"> OK

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Bubba,

There are several options. Easiest way is to use the Open-with option.

How to change file associations in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

HOW TO: Specify the Program Used to Open Certain Types of Files in Windows
XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306551

Other sites/tools:

Repair image file type associations in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm

File association fixes:

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com