Picture & Fax viewer Edt button will not work at all.

Reaction score
About a year ago I changed the editor in Picture and fax viewer to open Photoshop by using the registry fix, but recently, all of a sudden the button simply doesn't work at all, is there anything I've missed? Here is a list of things I've tried to fix the problem:

Double checking that the path is correct as "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Photoshop.exe" "%1" under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

Checking the advanced options for .jpeg and .jpg file types and making sure the editing application was set to Photoshop.

Using the "regsvr32 shimgvw.dll" and "regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll" commands under Start/run in an effort to reset Picture and Fax viewer to default values with no luck.

Picture and Fax viewer still works like normal, but there is simply no function to the Edit button. When I press it it just shuts off the application and nothing else opens. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd appreciate any at this point. Thanks.

Ask a Question