Changing default browser

mike carrington

I changed my default browser to Firefox. Now, I can't remember how I did it
but I need to change it back to IE. How can I change the default browser?
I'd sure appreciate some assistance!

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You should have an option (set program access and defaults) if it is not in
your start menu it will be at the top of your all programs menu

Wesley Vogel

Mike,

You keep MULTIPOSTING.

You MULTIPOSTED this same message in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

[[If a message MUST be posted to multiple groups, post a single message and
select all the groups (or type their names manually, separated by commas) in
which you want it to be seen. This is called Crossposting and when used
properly it is *GOOD*.

This question was posted individually to multiple groups.

This is called Multiposting and it's *BAD*.

Replies made in one group will not be visible in the other groups, which
may cause multiple people to respond to a question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it.

This is a waste of time. ]]

With Outlook Express, which you're using...

To send your message to multiple newsgroups on the same news server, in the
New Message dialog box, click the icon next to Newsgroups. In the Pick
Newsgroups dialog box, click one or more newsgroups from the list (hold down
the CTRL key to select multiple newsgroups), and then click Add. You can
choose from all newsgroups or only those you subscribe to by clicking Show
only subscribed newsgroups.

You can send a given message to more than one newsgroup at a time only if
all the newsgroups are on the same news server. To post a message to
newsgroups on other news servers, create a separate message for each news
server.

Then you would see
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_suppo
rt
in the box in your OE message.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Zilbandy

This is called Multiposting and it's *BAD*.

Replies made in one group will not be visible in the other groups, which
may cause multiple people to respond to a question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it.

This is a waste of time. ]]

I have my newsreader (Agent) set to reply ONLY to the group I'm
reading. If someone posts to multiple groups, they are going to have
to look at every group if they want to see my reply. This was the way
it was done many years ago and I've chosen to continue doing it that
way. I don't crosspost and my replies are not crossposted.

Wesley Vogel

I'll remove a crossposted group that I am not subscribed to, if I catch it.
But usually I only catch it if I get an error message. Something like
cannot resolve xyz group or something to that effect.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
Zilbandy said:
This is called Multiposting and it's *BAD*.

Replies made in one group will not be visible in the other groups, which
may cause multiple people to respond to a question with the same answer
because they didn't know someone else had already done it.

This is a waste of time. ]]

I have my newsreader (Agent) set to reply ONLY to the group I'm
reading. If someone posts to multiple groups, they are going to have
to look at every group if they want to see my reply. This was the way
it was done many years ago and I've chosen to continue doing it that
way. I don't crosspost and my replies are not crossposted.

--
Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <[email protected]>
Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/