Windows XP Change windows apperance

Reaction score
Hi
Im trying to change in windows appearance tab - windows and buttons to windows classic style
and i want to do that ower .bat file
I cant found reg keys for that
Is it posible?

I manage to change screen saver, wallpaper, power options...etc but not appearance
Tnx

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
depending on the version of Windows you have, look into the group policy settings. you can run the GPO editor by start>run>gpedit.msc.

Google search group policy windows appearance registry. should bring up something of use to you.

Reaction score
Well i use win xp with sp3
I fond that in GPO where to force classic desktop but I want to create reg or bat file to do that changing registry keys :(

Reaction score
Well i use win xp with sp3
I fond that in GPO where to force classic desktop but I want to create reg or bat file to do that changing registry keys :(
Or maybe you not understand me i want change display properties under appearance tab
Windows and buttons
From windows Xp style witch is default to Windows classic style :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Or maybe you not understand me i want change display properties under appearance tab
Windows and buttons
From windows Xp style witch is default to Windows classic style :)

that is what i am talking about. if you want to use a batch file, you need to create a registry modification. to create a registry modification, you are probably best using the Goup Policy Objects that govern those changes. Find the GPO you want to modify, locate the registry change and create your batch file. In reality, you don't need a batch file. Open notepad, put in the registry key entries with the changes you want to see and save the file as .reg. once you double click on the XXXXX.reg file, it will ask to approve the registry changes and add them accordingly.

Reaction score
that is what i am talking about. if you want to use a batch file, you need to create a registry modification. to create a registry modification, you are probably best using the Goup Policy Objects that govern those changes. Find the GPO you want to modify, locate the registry change and create your batch file. In reality, you don't need a batch file. Open notepad, put in the registry key entries with the changes you want to see and save the file as .reg. once you double click on the XXXXX.reg file, it will ask to approve the registry changes and add them accordingly.

Ok! Do you have some tool to detect and locate all change in regedit when modify GPO
Tnx

Ask a Question