Windows XP Set screen saver to none

Reaction score
HI
Im creating .bat fale to set screen saver to none to all users on windows xp sp3
There are several user on that pc
Test1
Test2
Test3
administrator

I create .bat file

reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ScreenSaveActive" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "SCRNSAVE.EXE" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
reg add "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ScreenSaveActive" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f
reg add "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "SCRNSAVE.EXE" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, UpdatePerUserSystemParamete

and i run when Im in administrator account, and it work, but when I log in as test 1 or test2 etc..screen saver is active

Plz help
:bow:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Unless you are using a server environment, the ability to manage this setting cannot be changed across users.

You have to edit the Group Policy for each user for which you wish to modify this setting. These users must be changed to a non administrator account so that they cannot modify the GPO back to the original. It will also need to be applied for each user account created on that machine.

Reaction score
Tnx allot
I lose to many nerves on this, i will use that script an all users manually
I did not want to login to each separately :)

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
well, there is an issue with that. You will need to log in to each account to do this. Modifying the information for one user is only that active user. Security keys are created for each individual user and the registry hive is particular to that user at the time of log on. To blanket a system regardless of user, you need a domain controller.

Ask a Question