CD-RW Not Burning

Doug

I cannot get my CD-RW drive to burn files any more. All
of a sudden, neither Nero, WIndows media Player nor WinXP
(SP2) (drag & copy) will work. I have tried all kinds of
things to no avail. Any help would be SERIOUSLY
appreciated!

I am having a similar problem. I bought my computer from a friend and the
burner doesn't always work. I bought brand new CD-Rs and only some work some
of the time. Most of the time it says burn failed try it at a lower speed.
But it is as slow as it can go. I have tried all the speeds. I dont know if I
need a new burner or if there is a way to fix it. Any info would be helpful.
Thank you, Anthony

Fizzikal

Posted to this newsgroup last week with same problem about
1 year old LG Electronics CD-RW drive not reading any data or
original cd's (including XP) or music cd's and got no solutions. Have
tried to troubleshoot myself by cleaning cd's, drive, searching web for
info on problem to no avail. Drive working ok until recently and
shows ok in DeviceManager, DiskManagement, System Information,
My Computer, etc. etc. etc. Ejects & opens okay and light comes
on as usual on bootup. Using CD Creator 6 which can't now use
due to drive issue. Am starting to wonder if SP2 has something to
do with it as my problems with drive started after that install. Am
upgrading to CD Creator 7 and hate to buy new drive if eventually
going to have similiar with another one.

Would also be grateful to see further info on this issue as seems
several others have similiar problems with their RW\DVD drives.

fj

Having the same problem, except I can't access any data on my floppy drive,
DVD drive, or DVD burner. However, I could still burn media files to the DVD
burner, and those discs do work on my DVD player which is connected to my
TV. Am using Nero 6 Ultra, could have happened after an update of that
program, or a Windows automatic update.Please help, help, help!!!!

fj