CD ROM READS BUT DOES NOT BURN

J

Jim Smith

MY CD ROM CAN READ AND PLAY ALL FILES, BUT WHEN I TRY TO BURN A NEW CD, I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAID THIS DISK MY NO LONGER BE USABLE?? HERE IS THE THING,
YES I TRIED SWITCHING DRIVES, MY DVD DRIVE SAID THE SAME THING, THE FUNNY PART OF THIS IS THAT I CAN CREATE NEW BLANK FILES IN THE DRIVE, BY RIGHT CLICKING , AND THEY BURN JUST FINE.

,BUT I CANT BURN ANYTHING ELSE, I TRIED PUTTING SMALL WORD FILES IN THE NEW FOLDER BEFORE I WENT TO BURN,, BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER.

I HAVE TRIED PUTTING ON MANY DIFFERENT SOFTWARE VERSIONS (THE GOOD ONES NOT THE CHEAP ONES) AND IT STILL DOES THE SAME THING, I HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT BRANDS AND SIZES OF DISKS. IM RUNNING XP ON A ABIT MOTHER BOARD, AMD PROCESSOR, MY CD DRIVE IS A "LITE ON???" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, BUT MY DVD IS A BRAND NEW LG.. I AM RUNNING ONE AT A TIME ON AN IDE CABLE AND THEY USED TO WORK TOGETHER, BUT NOW NEITHER ONE OF THEM WORK EITHER ON THE SAME IDE,,, OR IF ONLY RUN ONE,

I HAVE TRIED SLAVE, MASTER AND CABLE SELECT SETTING THINKING THIS MAY BE A CONFLICT WITH THE SATA CHANNEL I MAY HAVE GOOFED WHEN I RAN A REG REPAIR PROGRAM??

I HAVE DOWNLOADED A ND RAN A FEW FIX CD PROGRAMS WITHOUT ANY LUCK..

ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS?

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

S

sgopus

First off, step away from the caps lock key! (after you unlock it of course),
and never use it again.

Now, with that said. Try this, open windows explorer and select the cd
drive you wish to burn cd's with, right click and select properties, then
select the recording tab, ensure the enable cdburning box is checked, ( for
some reason, only one cd burner can be enabled at a time), select ok and try
to burn a new cd.