CCLeaner

VanguardLH

Jeff said:
Is there any difference between CCleaner free and CCleaner Pro?

Are you using Ccleaner for personal or business use?

Are you really interested in running CCleaner over a network to multiple
hosts? Do you really have that many networked hosts or they change a
lot to qualify a networked version of the program? Or do you run it as
a local app? The networked version will still need local clients
installed on each host in your network that connect to the manager up on
the server host.

Do you need their Defraggler bundled in their Pro version or can you
just download it separately yourself?

http://www.piriform.com/business
http://www.piriform.com/business/ccleaner-product-matrix

Do you really need to pay for technical support from Piriform to use
CCleaner?

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=35787

You don't say if "Pro" means the business or personal edition of
Ccleaner. Another feature matrix for the personal edition is at:

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

The Pro personal edition adds auto-updating. I disable that in all
programs. I'll allow them to auto-check but not auto-update. The free
version already has an auto-check. As for real-time scannning, I don't
know what that would do. I certainly wouldn't want temp folders cleaned
while the files in them are still being used, like during an install.
I've heard (not mentioned at Piriform site) the Pro version includes
scheduling. Well, Windows comes with Task Scheduler and you can use
command-line arguments to Ccleaner to specify what to clean in an event
you schedule in Task Scheduler. I have one scheduled at 1AM every day
to run "<path>\ccleaner.exe /auto".

The Pro version apparently also uses a winapi32.ini file, an add-on to
Ccleaner; see http://www.winapp2.com/howto.html. It's supposed to let
you add more definitions of what to clean. I've never needed more than
the Include section in the settings of Ccleaner free.

The Pro Plus personal edition adds Defraggler, Recuva, and Speccy but
you can obviously download those separately. So it comes down to "Do
you need to pay for support from Piriform?" to use their software.

Hot-Text

Jeff T said:
Is there any difference between CCleaner free and CCleaner Pro?

Just do not
use it to remove old DLL files
or you be reinstalling your XP

That go with the Pro CCleaner too

They See you get Cleaner out good

Joe Blog

"Jeff T" wrote in message
Is there any difference between CCleaner free and CCleaner Pro?

Yes. The pro version costs money while CCleaner free is "free". Some
people like to buy the product because they feel guilty of getting anything
free so they buy the pro version and this is what one should do in an ideal
world. But we are not in an ideal world because rich people dominates the
poor people so people get the free version where possible.

Buffalo

"Hot-Text" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Just do not
use it to remove old DLL files
or you be reinstalling your XP

That go with the Pro CCleaner too

They See you get Cleaner out good
Where is the choice on the "old DLL files" you are talking about?

Hot-Text

Buffalo said:
"Hot-Text" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Where is the choice on the "old DLL files" you are talking about?

Buffalo
On this PC my Wife see
CCleaner
in the Hand of a ATT Contact
By way of WWW

he had CC Delete All DLL
that the Software say:
the dll where not being use
and it was save to remove

Now here ATT Contact
Restarted Her PC
Over WWW

There it was Big Blue

And the ATT Contact
Could not Fix it

With a SP2 OS

CC Remove the SP3
updates DLL
Not the Old SP2

Buffalo

"Hot-Text" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
Buffalo
On this PC my Wife see
CCleaner
in the Hand of a ATT Contact
By way of WWW

he had CC Delete All DLL
that the Software say:
the dll where not being use
and it was save to remove

Now here ATT Contact
Restarted Her PC
Over WWW

There it was Big Blue

And the ATT Contact
Could not Fix it

With a SP2 OS

CC Remove the SP3
updates DLL
Not the Old SP2
Sounds like he was using CC's Uninstall Feature. Why? I sure don't know.
I don't use that feature of CC and I believe that would be the only feature
on CC that would delete .DLL files.

Hot-Text

Buffalo said:
"Hot-Text" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Sounds like he was using CC's Uninstall Feature. Why? I sure don't know.
I don't use that feature of CC and I believe that would be the only
feature on CC that would delete .DLL files.

I believe you right

ATT Contact
Believe he was fix it

So I believe my wife