Which Anti-Virus to use?

Reaction score
New to this forum and just purchased a Dell All-in-One PC with free trial McAfee Security.
Old PC (Win 7) uses Windows Firewall, MSE, Ccleaner and Malwarebytes - all free.
What are my best free options to cover all bases?
Any help appreciated.

Biscuitman

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I would just use the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10.
CCleaner is not an antivirus or antimalware utility, but is good for cleaning and configuring startup items.

Reaction score
Thanks guys - useful info.
Hate paying through the nose for software when a lot of the free stuff is just as efficient.

Reactions: Ian

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Another Windows Defender user here. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
New to this forum and just purchased a Dell All-in-One PC with free trial McAfee Security.
Old PC (Win 7) uses Windows Firewall, MSE, Ccleaner and Malwarebytes - all free.
What are my best free options to cover all bases?
Any help appreciated. Biscuitman
My opinion is that all antivirus are the answer to a problem that doesn't exist. It's allabunch of baloney. McCafee has a terrible reputation for invading your system, Norton too. Avast is no different, all baloney. I only use FREE MALWAREBYTES. everything else is a marketing ploy to use your computer for ads and popups. If you love antivirus, I have a 2 acre lot on the moon for sale with a view to the beach.

Ask a Question