Kaspersky vs Norton?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not used Norton AV for over a decade, as it used to be comparatively bloated and slow. However, I'm likely going to move away from Kaspersky when my license is up for renewal - so I'm looking at alternatives. F-Secure, ESET and BitDefender all look good - but Norton seems to be getting very good reviews as of late.

Has anyone here used both - if so, what did you think?

Alternatively, are you using Norton at the moment? Is it fairly light on resources and do you find it reliable?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I just use Windows Defender. I did used to get Kaspersky free with Barclays when I used to have an account with them.

Any reason why you don't want to use Defender?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I too just use Windows Defender. :)

I have used both Kaspersky & Bitdefender, Bitdefender was better, IMHO.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've used Windows Defender going on 2 years now since I have been on W10 along with Malwarebytes and TrendMicro every couple of months.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use Windows Defender on a couple of systems, but Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 on my main system. It's likely I still use a separate AV as I always have done, but perhaps I should move with the times.

Does Windows Defender play nicely with 3rd party browsers like Chrome? Very occasionally, Kaspersky will block a webpage as it spots a problem with a malicious JS file - would Defender do the same?

Reaction score
Does Windows Defender play nicely with 3rd party browsers like Chrome? Very occasionally, Kaspersky will block a webpage as it spots a problem with a malicious JS file - would Defender do the same?
I've had Chrome block a page, but I've never had Defender block one. But then again, I haven't had an infection in many years. And that one got by Norton.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just uninstalled Kaspersky from my Main machine and test machine, so I'll see how this goes. I'm not particularly worried about getting a virus so much as zero-day exploits. Java/Flash is nowhere near my system, thankfully ;).

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm sorry to butt into someone else's post, but I am also interested in my protection.
I hope any reply will help both the O.P & other readers.
I'm using Win 10. How do I know if my WD is running ? I also have superantispyware & SpyBot S&D.
thanks

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Click on the little up arrow on the taskbar

sy.png

Ask a Question