Problems With CCleaner

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
When I run Analyze on CCleaner it is always tnterrupted by this...….

CCleaner.JPG

However, I do not have IE running !!!!! Anyway I click Yes and it carries on and provides a list as follows....
CCleaner2.JPG

So I see that IE and Edge cookies have been skipped ?????? Then I click Run Cleaner and I get a message stating that IE will have to be closed to clean the Temporary Internet Files so again I tell it to close IE even though it's not open !?!?! Then it continues "cleaning and I get...….
CCleaner3.JPG

and it's skipped everything !?!????

Has anyone else on PCR had this problem? I googled it and it seems that a lot of folks are having the same carry on and there seems to be no easy answer. I've downloaded the latest version but no different.

Unless you know how to fix it. I hope someone does because this is making CCleaner unusable.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tbh CCleaner on Win10 isn't needed. I uninstalled it when they had the problems with it always running in the background a while back. I don't miss it.

I have seen that before though, have you got an app running that uses IE somehow? I've seen Steam cause it before. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The only thing that is running is World Community Grid but that has run for years and yet this problem has only gone on for a few weeks.

The problem was present at the beginning of the year too and was solved by a very easy fix (changing one of the settings) but everything is different now and this particular item in Settings is not there now. :confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I was just about to ask what did you change, then I noticed the related thread at the bottom of the page!

The answer is to go into Options and untick Enable System Monitoring.

So that option isn't there anymore?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I was just about to ask what did you change, then I noticed the related thread at the bottom of the page!

So that option isn't there anymore?

No, the whole set up seems different and I can't find anything equivalent. There is a lot of comment on the net and I would have thought that Piriform would have sorted it by now. I will probably just ditch it. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, I might install it tonight and see whats up, as I said I've not used CCleaner for months. It really isn't needed it on Win10.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hmmm, I might install it tonight and see whats up, as I said I've not used CCleaner for months. It really isn't needed on Win10.

Is there something in Win 10 itself which removes all the stuff that CCleaner takes out? :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
That's a very useful article, V_R. :thumb:

I've just used the inbuilt cleaner and removed 5GB !!!!!!

Also I like the fact that it doesn't use the word "cleaning" but uses "purging" which sounds like a real severe clean out. :D

CCleaner now removed. :D

Ask a Question